This resplendent mosque was designed by a renowned Turkish Architect, Vedat Dalokay and denominated after the tardy King Faisal of Saudi Arabia. It is spread over 1,89,705 sq.metres with 88 meters high minarets and 40 meters high main prayer hall. The main prayer hall can accommodate 10,000 persons while the covered porticos and verandahs can surmount 24,000 worshipers. The main courtyard has space for 40,000 people.
Six universities in Islamabad/Rawalpindi have taken onto themselves, six different kinds of scholastic responsibilities. Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) was established in 1973 in sector H-8. Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) was established in 1967 while International Islamic University (IIU), located in the vicinity of Shah Faisal Mosque, was engendered in November 1980. The National University of Science and Technology (NUST) was founded in 1991, The National University of Modern Languages (NUML) Islamabad, the Fatima Jinnah Women’s University and the Arid Agriculture University in Rawalpindi are additionally spreading the light of erudition among Pakistani youth.
Shrine of Shah Abdul Latif (Bari Imam)
Noorpur Shahan, a village situated at the foot of Margallah Hills, near Quaid-e-Azam University, is famous for the mirror-studded shrine of Hazrat Shah Abdul Latif Kazmi, popularly kenned as Bari Imam. The shrine was pristinely built on the orders of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb. The death anniversary (Urs) of Bari Imam is observed in the first week of May beginning Monday through Thursday with lot of festivities representing the Potohar culture and magnetizes people from all over the country. There is a cave in the Margallah Hills on the back of the shrine where Bari Imam used to sit for rumination. A mosque, where he preached and acted as Imam, is located on Hill Road. The tomb of his father is located on the Shahrah-e-Kashmir antithesis the Aabpara Market. Bari Imam is verbally expressed to have presaged that an incipient city would be built near his tomb, which will greatly accommodate the cause of Islam.
Shrine of Syed Meher Ali Shah
The shrine of Syed Meher Ali Shah of Golra Sharif is located 18 km from Rawalpindi, in sector E-11 of Islamabad. He was scion of a Syed family and had links with Syed Abdul Qadir Gilani of Baghdad. He was born in 1859, preached and spread the message of Islam during the turbulent times in South Asia. He additionally indited comely prose and poetry in Persian, Arabic and Punjabi languages, mostly in accolade of God and Muhammad (placidity be upon him). He died on May 11, 1937. His mausoleum was recently reconstructed comprising of a dome, and a high minaret built with marble.
Saidpur, a little quaint village, famous for its pottery, is a component of Islamabad today. It is located off the Hill Road to the east of Daman-e-Koh. Sultan Verbally expressed Khan son of Sultan Sarang Khan founded Saidpur. He gave his daughter in espousement to Mughal Prince Saleem who later became Emperor Jehangir. Saidpur was considered a garden resort and a perpetual spring provided dihydrogen monoxide for imbibing and for watering gardens around during the Mughal period.